Search This Blog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ah ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ah   ZZZzzzzzzzzzz.

In our 26th week of the year we have arrived at "Z".  
2011 from A-Z and it is those zzzzzzz's that so easily escape me, as I yawn!

There is a time for work. .... Where we should work hard!
There is a time for play .... Where we should play hard!
                                              &
There is a time for sleep .... Where we should sleep hard!

I have found when I prepare myself for sleep and then give myself permission to sleep for 7 hours, amazingly it helps.  
So you insomnias out there, are you asking how do you prepare yourself?
First  start to slow activities and movements down.  I find it very difficult to be doing laundry or cleaning or dancing (unless it is a nice slow dance)
before  sleep.   Also, TV, computers, loud music and bright lights must go.  
Try to be so sweet to self like you are preparing for your inner child's comfort.  
Your mind needs to be told it is time for a rest so must not give it more to do.  
Writing a list of whatever is in your "to do" mind will give it permission not to think and start resting. 
Sometimes (who am I kidding) always, reading will put me to sleep but then you have to deal with taking the glasses off later, turning the light off and moving your open book that has already lost your page because it fell out of your hands ... then you are awake again!
Taking nice meditative breaths will calm the mind and allow the slumber to come. 
Give so tenderly to your self with love.  
Tomorrow is a new day to cherish so let's get some much deserved rest. 
We have the rest of the year ahead of us full of postures, dances with our truths and  hopes of those glimpses of interconnectedness. 
Thanks and gratitudes go to Meditations from the Mat by Rolf Gates and Katrina Kenison

A sweet, yummy thought:
I put lemon basil in the pot & thyme in the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment