Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

DREAMS



From Wikipedia:
A dream is an experience during sleep.
Dreams are a succession of images, ideas, emotions and sensations occurring involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep. The content and purpose of dreams are not fully understood, though they have been a topic of speculation and interest throughout recorded history. The scientific study of dreams is known as oneirology.

Also From Wikipedia:
Dreaming, Daydream, a kind of fantasy
Hope, belief in a positive outcome
Wish, hope or desire for something


Dreams have always been a curious subject for me.  One summer between high school and college I went to Exeter academy for an enhancement summer of studies.  I studied two different topics, one being body language and the other dreams.  I worked with one professor who recorded the subjects during a dream cycle then would awaken them at certain times for them to share what they had been dreaming.  Fascinating topic.  As the years have passed there is still an allure with the interpretation of dreams.

The dreams I want to address with curiosity is those aspirations and desires we may daydream about.  
Are the Steve Jobs and Oprah's of the world dreamers first?  Are there benefits to daydreaming, granite at appropriate times possibly, or is it a waste of time?
These are just a few of the inquiries of the week about DREAMS ...




Well, dream made me think of Dreamscape, which made me think of Andre Gallant, 
which made me think of New Brunswick, which made me think of 
fields of lupines in my favorite colors.   
by Kim Ort




by Manuel Rocha

No comments:

Post a Comment