Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011

Nurturing ourselves ... What a notion ...

Nurturing ourselves ...

Thanks to Elena Bower for an incredible yoga practice this morning.  She said this all so beautifully with my input added in. 

It's very difficult at times to take care of ourselves. 
Nuturing self may seem like a ridicules notion ... so many other things to do ... Blah blah blah ...   
Tho  many people have seen  when someone is not present to nurture themselves.   If I am judging, then better check in with myself because most likely I too am not caring enough about myself.    Something to pay attention to!    For each of us to start focusing on caring about ourselves with clarity and consistency inspires the ones around us.    
If this is selfish, then so it is ... Necessary!

Taking care of ourselves starts with how we see ourself, how we think and talk to ourself and about ourself.     
Take a moment today to turn in ... returning home to the heart.     
Most of the time nurturing ourselves is about breathing into a moment, into our being, into a situation.   Breath in more space and acceptance. 

This practice is a huge gift for those of us who seems to take care of everyone else before ourselves.    A paradox ... We feel we have to be there for other people tho if we are not  here for ourselves then our offerings are not complete.   So, I am acknowleding my breathing and observing myself.  Wowee ... this is a fascinating journey ...   it's like taking a pause to reconnect with self.   A daily practice for me.   Practice practice practice... 

Mark Woodwell says to breathe in an intimate, energetic occasion for yourself with your  yoga practice.  I am craving this daily practice for myself.  Some days are twofers. 

  Breathing in, being aware, attentive listening and love are the most nurturing acts you can do for yourself  consistently.  Who knew that maintaining a positive energy would be such fun. 

Let's keep learning how to take care of ourselves ...
          even  when we hula hoop or during our golf swings!
Never know what's next on the road to  more "Grounding & Growing Tips". 

 
G

No comments:

Post a Comment