Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Turning the viewfinder around .... What do I see?

Being your own observer takes effort.  To see yourself from outside your being in a totally non-judgmental way is an awesome practice to develop.  
How attentive are you to your own presence of exactly what is in front of you at each moment, completely and aware?   What is your impression (first gut truth) of your state at any moment, seeing while being conscious and knowing what is acting on you and animating you.  What gives you strength, magnetism and mastery of your own being?      This all can be developed by watching yourself.   A very powerful exercise and one that can change your life.  
Imagine spending an entire day with you, yourself!  With every thought and bleep that happens in your mind. Imagine having to listen to your mind rattle on and on for that entire day. Would you find your company interesting, boring, tiring, exhilarating ...?
I have been keeping an observation journal of me!  WOW!  
Interesting findings and some surprises.  Everyday I write just what I observed about myself in my daily scenarios.  This is not about reliving each event, this is about seeing yourself  and observing how you responded or felt or looked ...  It's worth trying it out for a week. You might be totally shocked to see how you are in your world.  
This is all part of becoming more aware of our bodies through the top door. 
Being the observer will help you develop more awareness not only of your thoughts and ways but also in you postures and habits.  
So there is your challenge for this time.  
(oh, here is a hint to help with this observation .... Keep returning to the breathe to tune in.  Week two of this yearly homework assignment blog of mine is worth checking out if you want some suggestions for breathing techniques. That week was a huge challenge to put myself in front of the camera and share that way.  Hoping to find more comfort and ease in doing more of it.     For years I have so loved being behind the camera and capturing what my eye saw outside   Guess it's my challenge now to look through my own viewfinder at myself.  
  Smile ... Click!

No comments:

Post a Comment